Effective date: June 27, 2022.
Light RFP, Inc. (“Light RFP”) provides an online platform to connect Shippers with Carriers for the transportation of cargo. Shippers can submit a request for the transportation of cargo (“Shipment”), Carriers can accept such requests and assign Drivers to fulfill them, and Shippers, Carriers, and Drivers (as applicable, “you” or “your”) can track such requests. To provide Services, Light RFP collects and processes various categories of data. This Privacy Notice describes how Light RFP (“we” or “us”or“our”) collects, uses, and discloses information when you use our websites, mobile applications, and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”) or when you otherwise interact with us.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the Effective Date at the top of this Privacy Notice, and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you a notification on our mobile app or via email). We encourage you to review this Privacy Notice whenever you access the Services or otherwise interact with us to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
1. Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you fill out a form, request to be a Carrier, Shipper, or Partner, log in to your Light RFP account, submit or accept a Shipment request, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include name, company name, email address, phone number, address, financial information, video and call recordings, insurance information, service ratings and reviews, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect When You Use the Services
When you use the Services, we collect additional information about Shipment requests and how they are fulfilled, including the following:
Shippers: If you are a Shipper and submit a Shipment request, we collect certain details related to your submission, including the date and time of your request, origin and destination addresses, description of the cargo being transported, rate, and other information about the Shipment.
Carriers: If you are a Carrier, we collect information on your bids on Shipment requests as well as information about your lane preference, acceptance, and fulfillment of any Shipment requests, including financial, vehicle, and driver information.
Drivers: If you are a driver transporting cargo on behalf of a Carrier, we may collect information on your travel to fulfill a Shipment request. We also collect information about your location and about documents you upload, as described below.
Partners: If you are a broker, intermediary, or other third party partnering with Light RFP (“Partner”), we may collect information on any Shipment request, origin and destination information, customer information, description of the cargo being transported, rate, email addresses, and any other information you choose to provide.
Providing Services to our users requires the collection of precise location information. When you download or use our mobile applications, we may ask for permission to access your precise location. If you grant our mobile applications permission to access your location through the permission system used by your mobile operating system, we will collect the precise location of your mobile device. We use this information to track Shipments, understand your typical driving patterns, and to potentially offer Carriers jobs that are more likely to be relevant to them and their Drivers. You may deny or revoke your permission at any time.
We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address or phone number. We may also receive information about your location from third parties, such as the Shippers and Carriers involved in fulfilling any Shipment request, or from sensors installed on trailers owned, leased, or controlled by Light RFP.
Photographs and Documents
Our Services may ask you to photograph and upload to the Services certain documents related to the fulfillment of a Shipment request, such as certificates of insurance and other legal documents, bills of lading, and proofs of delivery. You may also be able to upload pictures of cargo that you carry and/or trailers owned, leased, or controlled by Light RFP. To do this, our mobile applications will request access to the camera on your mobile device via the permission system used by your mobile operating system. You may deny the requested access but doing so may affect your ability to utilize all features of our Services.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser or mobile app version you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before and after navigating to our Services.
Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, mobile device and mobile app identifiers, and mobile network information.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. You may instruct your browser to block cookies but doing so may limit your ability to utilize all features of our Services. For more information about cookies and web beacons, and how to disable them, please see Section IV “Advertising and Analytics Services” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect from you directly. These third parties include, but are not limited to, Partners, verification services (for instance, to confirm your insurance or regulatory compliance status), credit agencies and bureaus, and publicly available sources.
2. Use of Information
We use the information we collect in order to provide and improve our Services, including to connect Shippers with Carriers, match Drivers with Shipment requests, facilitate transportation of cargo, process payments, and confirm delivery. We use your phone number to call you and send you SMS messages about potential and current Shipments. We may also use information about you for other purposes, including to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, opportunities, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Light RFP and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Light RFP and others;
- Personalize and improve Services and provide advertisements, content, or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others and create data profiles to personalize our Services to better understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Light RFP takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
3. Sharing of Information
We share information we collect about you, as described in this Privacy Notice or as at the time of collection or sharing, including sharing with other users of our Services and various third-parties as described below. Light RFP does not sell personal information, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
Sharing with Other Users of our Services
Depending on how you use our Services, we may share information about you with other users of the Services. For example, if you are a driver, we share your name, vehicle information, precise or approximate location, and certain contact information (including phone number) with Shippers involved in the Shipment request you helped to fulfill. If you are a Shipper or Partner, your name or company name, your instructions, address, and contact information will be shared with drivers who will transport your cargo. Certain documents and information that you submit to our Services in connection with a Shipment request, such as feedback, Shipment, and payment history with Light RFP, may be shared with other users. If you submit driver ratings and reviews, this information may be shared with other users of our Services.
We may also share information about you with other third parties, such as:
- With vendors, consultants, Partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Light RFP or others, with law enforcement or other entities and individuals;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Light RFP and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership;
- With your consent or at your direction;
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
4. Advertising and Analytics Services
5. Your Data Rights
Depending on the applicable laws and regulations, you may have the following rights regarding your personal data held by Light RFP:
- The Right to Know: You may have the right to know categories of personal information Light RFP collects about you, which is also provided in the “Collection of Information” section above.
- The Right of Access: You may have the right to request the categories of (i) personal information we have collected about you, (ii) sources from which the personal information is collected, (iii) purposes of such collection, (iv) third parties with whom we share personal information, and (v) personal information we shared about you and the reasons we shared it.
- The Right to Delete: You may have the right to request we delete personal information collected from you.
- The Right to Opt-Out of Data Sale: Light RFP does not “sell” your personal information, as defined by the CCPA.
- he Right of Private Action: You may have a private right of action if you are negatively affected by a data breach, subject to the applicable laws.
- Right to Data Portability: You may have the right to request to move, copy, or transfer your personal data held by Light RFP in a machine-readable format.
Light RFP may process requests relating to personal information collected over the preceding 12-month period, as legally required, and we may verify your identity, or an agent’s authorization to act on your behalf, prior to responding to your request. Light RFP does not discriminate against you for exercising your data rights. To submit a request, please contact us using the information provided below in Section VI “Contact Us”.
6. Contact Us
For further information about Light RFP’s Privacy Notice or to submit a data subject request, please contact email@example.com.